We tried to differentiate these 4 version of the product based on the new enhancements and features.
- New Results Viewer
- Visual Relation Identifier
- Log Tracking functionality helps you work with developers to pinpoint the root causes of unexpected behavior in your application
- QuickTest 11.00 provides Web Add-in Extensibility-based add-ins for ASP .NET Ajax, GWT, Yahoo UI, and Dojo Web 2.0 toolkits
- XPath and CSS based object identification(Used in Selenium)
- Load Function Libraries at Run Time
- Automatically Parameterize Steps
- New Silverlight Add-in to test objects in Silverlight 2 and Silverlight 3 applications.
- Extended WPF and Silverlight Support
- New Object Spy Functionality
- Compare, Merge, and Export Object Repositories with Checkpoints and Output Values
- Add Images to Your Run Result
- FireFox-3.5( Record Support) ,Internet Explorer 8
- One Unified Tool for GUI + API testing (Merger of QTP + Service Test)
- Modern IDE:- Solution Explorer,Canvas-Style Test Flow
- MDI: Edit Multiple Testing Documents Simultaneously
- Insight: Image-Based Object Identification
- File Content Checkpoints(New checkpoints for PDF, HTML, Word, TXT, and RTF files)
- Support for MSAA-Based (Microsoft Office and Plug-in) Controls
- Export GUI Tests from Sprinter Exploratory Tests(From XML)
- New GUI Testing Support for Qt and Adobe Flex Applications
- Test your work against an SAP server by importing IDocs and RFC definitions from your SAP systems(API)
- Debug Steps Using the Run Step Command (API)
- Use Your soapUI Tests in UFT (API)
- Automatically Export Run Results
- Record Toolbar
- Supports storing and managing your GUI tests in SAP Solution Manager
- It comes with a new installation package, facilitating the faster and secure installation.For instance, reduction in size of whole package, all add-ins are installed with a single silent installation command and without the need to restart .
- Running of GUI test on Safari for remotely connected Mac Computer.It comes with exceptions like, we need to record the test locally on browser.
- Note:-Apply the new Remote Object Spy to spy on Web applications running on Safari.
- Conditioned uploading of Run Results to ALM After a Run Session, this feature comes with ALM-12,as a ALM site admin we can can now set a site parameter that guides UFT to upload results only when set conditions is met.
- Testing Extensibility now supports Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Windows Runtime Add-in(UFT-12.01),used to test Windows Runtime applications running on Windows 8.x or Windows Server 2012.This addin is not listed in the Addin-Manager.We need to enable the UFT4WinRT service, for utilizing its testing support.
Note:-A Windows Runtime application is any application running from the Start or Apps screen in Windows 8.x/Windows Server 2012 and installed from the Windows Store.
- New Support for Siebel Open UI and SAPUI5 applications(UFT-12.01), it comes with a child add-in of the web add-in.
- GetVisibleText method for Insight Objects.(UFT-12.01)
- ExportSheet Method, have optional Destination sheetname.(UFT-12.01)
- Internet Explorer 11 extended protected mode support(UFT-12.01)